April 15, 2:45 pm
Shane Thomson, CFA
Technical Trading Score*:
Date Of Inception:
Bitcoin is a decentralized coin enabling
revolutionary means to exchange value across the
globe. It continues to be the biggest and most
influential coin, encouraging peer-to-peer payment
networks powered by its users with no central or
Page 1 of 8
POW or POS:
Current Mining Fee (USD):
April 15, 2019
All figures in USD$, unless otherwise specified
LOG IN TO VIEW
■ General Cryptocurrency News:
• Major cryptocurrencies stabilized and saw their price pull back slightly last
week after the prior week’s surge that saw prices increase on average 40%.
• China’s National Development Reform Commission, the powerful economic
planning arm of the government, announced plans to ban cryptocurrency
mining. Their announcement seems to have been given more weight by
community members than other Chinese crypto ban rumors with some
suspecting miners will relocate to other areas, including the U.S. and
• The European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum, an initiative
sponsored by the European Commission, released a report describing the
benefits of tokenization of physical assets using the blockchain and smart
• PewDiePie, one of YouTube’s most popular content creators, has
announced he will start livestreaming on the blockchain video service DLive.
■ BTC News:
• After touching highs the prior week with the rise in Bitcoin prices, overall
institutional investment in Bitcoin futures on the Chicago Mercantile
Exchange (CME) decreased this past week, according to data published by
the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). The
data shows that as of April 9, institutional investors and asset managers had
244 open long positions, a decrease of 71 from April 2, and 80 open short
positions, nine less than the prior week.
• Based on the recent passing of new laws by the French Assembly, life
insurance contracts will now be able to invest in Bitcoin and other blockchain
■ Trading History YTD:
• After declining for the first month of 2019, the price of BTC has experienced
a steady upward trajectory, now trading almost 40% higher than where it
■ Current Environment:
• After some volatility last week, the price of BTC ended the week slightly
below where it began, resulting in the value of BTC holding on to most of the
gains it experienced during the prior week’s price surge.
• Volumes were lower week-over-week, averaging 2.7 million coins per day.
The previous week‘s volumes averaged 3.6 million coins per day.
In the image above, a Bull represents relatively favourable technical analysis indicators and a Bear represents relatively unfavourable technical analysis indicators.